Friday, January 11, 2008

Testing Your Skills

Is this why in most educational systems have exams? To test our skills? Do we even really need them?

Often we find ourselves being in the situation where...
"I hate this subject..."
"I didn't have time to study..."
"The subject is so vague..."
"I don't know what to study..."
"I'm bored..."

I used to be able to sit at the desk the whole day studying my subjects. Reading, doing exercises and writing notes. Doing what a student should be doing. After working in the industry for 2 years and hardly holding a pen in hand for 5 minutes stright, sitting down reading mini text is so difficult. Its alright to sit all day reading 10k paged book either on graphics or DSP but it really kill butt cells just sitting there reading slide notes on various topics.

When something does not hold my interest I'll end up humming to the music, turning my head to check if any email came in, google a topic (that I was reading) and end up surfing the net for more intesting stuff and behold, time is wasted.

Dang, I'm doing that right now. I hate this distracting blog.

Anyway, I'm just going. No I mean I just HAVE to go through with it and a day (in my case, 3 more days to my exam) passes in a blink of an eye. I'll just treat this exam as another, (*whisper*) lame, way of testing my skills. Just like (wanting to) playing EA's Burnout Pradise over and again for the best time. Hack I'm going to read those notes the same way. The only thing is my final lap cannot be replayed.


Complimentary clip of EA's Burnout Paradise.

No comments: